Key Components affecting IAQ & Health
The 5 essential components that combine to ensure IAQ optimization, protect your home & the overall health of your family: Humidification/De-Humidification, Air Filtration, Air Purification using UV lights & proper Ventilation.
GeneralAire® products work together to ensure harmful gas molecules, mold spores, bacteria/germs, VOC’s & microscopic particulates are reduced from your home, and the air your family breathes daily is clean, fresh and healthy. Use our Contractor Link to arrange a consultation with a qualified HVAC professional & take the first step towards breathing healthier™ today
Many reasons why you want a humidifier:
- Since the air in your home is always trying to reach its saturation point, it will absorb water wherever it can; from the bodies of you and your children, your pets, your furniture and even your house plants. As a result your skin, throat and nasal passages dry out, leaving you more susceptible to physical discomfort, colds, flu and even infection.
- Dry air causes dry, itchy skin.
- Dry air cracks expensive woodwork, floors, artwork and furnishings.
- Annoying static electricity (caused by dry air) can damage computers, VCR’s and other electronic equipment, requiring expensive repair.
- Dry air can cause harm to expensive musical instruments like pianos and violins.
- Dry air causes gaps in window & door frames, letting cold outdoor air in; causing you to turn up the heat and increasing your heating bills! Controlled humidity from the GeneralAire® Elite Steam Humidifier allows you the luxury of dialing the thermostat back & reducing annual heating bills. For example, 68° at 40% relative humidity feels just as warm as 74° at 20% humidity. Setting your thermostat back by as little as three degrees can reduce annual heating bills by as much as 5%.
68° at 40% relative humidity feels just as warm as 74° at 20% humidity
Setting your thermostat back by as little as three degrees can reduce annual heating bills by as much as 5%.